ARCHIVES ASSISTANT, TEMPORARY
Closing Date: December 19, 2017
Department: Recreation, Culture and Community Services
File Number: SV17-117
Hours: 35 hours per week, period of employment: Jan 2018 to March 2018
Salary: $15.00 per hour
Under the direction of the Archivist, the Archives Assistant will be involved in all aspects of managing an archival collection, including:
- Appraising archival materials
- Arranging and describing archives
- Digitizing archival materials
- Preparing exhibits
- Writing blog posts and articles
- Updating social media
- Helping visitors with reference questions
- Must be a student enrolled in a post-secondary program in archival, library, museum or information studies; or a student enrolled in another program who has taken a substantial course in archival studies
- Able to communicate effectively both in writing and orally
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Work well in a team environment
- Proficient with computers and office software
- Courteous and tactful in dealing with the public
- Careful worker with a thoughtful approach and attention to detail
- Must have ability to lift records boxes weighing up to 20 kilograms
The position is funded by Young Canada Works in Heritage Organizations. This position is contingent on receiving funding approval from Young Canada Works.
Apply By Email:
Personal information and any supporting material will be administered in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA). We thank all applicants who apply but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The City of Belleville is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Division to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process.
Applicants will be required to provide at their own expense a satisfactory criminal reference check dated within the past six (6) months and if deemed a requirement of the position, a driver’s abstract to the Human Resources Department on or before the date of the interview but no later than the commencement of employment if selected.