POWER SKATING ASSISTANT INSTRUCTOR, TEMPORARY, PART-TIME
Closing Date: December 15, 2017
Department: Recreation, Culture & Community Services
File Number: SV17-126
Hours: Part time, later afternoon/early evening
Salary: $25.00 per hour
This position assists the Power Skating Instructor to provide Instruction to children and youth in the City of Belleville’s Power Skating Programs.
- Responsible for the safety and supervision of the participants and for ensuring the rules and regulations set out by the Recreation, Culture and Community Services Department and/or outside organizations are followed
- Represent the City with professionalism by following all of the Staff Policies and Procedures set out by the Department
- Must be knowledgeable of City Programs and have strong public relation skills
- Responsible for assisting to provide skating instruction and feedback to students and their parents in the City’s power skating programs
- Assist the Power Skating Instructor in an emergency situation
- Assist in the administration and paperwork for the City’s power skating programs
- Attend all training and staff meetings as scheduled
- Current Standard or Emergency First Aid & CPR 'C'
- Experience working with children & youth
- Skilled skater with experience teaching/coaching skate programs
Apply By Email:
Personal information and any supporting material will be administered in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA). We thank all applicants who apply but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The City of Belleville is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Division to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process.
Applicants will be required to provide at their own expense a satisfactory criminal reference check dated within the past six (6) months and if deemed a requirement of the position, a driver’s abstract to the Human Resources Department on or before the date of the interview but no later than the commencement of employment if selected.