Upon receiving a parking ticket, you have the following options:
1. Pay your fine voluntarily:
a. Through our Online Parking Ticket Payment (http://belleville.ca/parking/pay) – ONLY IF YOUR TICKET IS LESS THAN
50 DAYS OLD
b. By mail: City of Belleville, 169 Front Street, Belleville, ON K8N 2Y8 (payment accepted by cheque or money order
c. In person: City Hall, Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., except civic holidays.
d. Night depository box located at City Hall on the northwest corner of the building ie: at the corner of Front and
McAnnany Streets (payment accepted by cheque or money order only)
NOTE: Option (A) Online Parking Ticket Payment can only be used for tickets that are less than 50 Days old. For tickets older than 50 days you can only make payment using Option (B) or (C) or (D) as outlined above.
2. Have your parking infraction reviewed:
Complete and submit a Parking Ticket Review – Request Form. This may be done in person at City Hall, 169 Front Street. Review forms will be accepted on tickets that are less than 15 days old.
Inquiries may also be made:
- By phone: 613-968-6481 between 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday
- By TTY (Teletypewriter service): Dial 613-967-3768
- By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By mail: City of Belleville, 169 Front Street, Belleville, ON K8N 2Y8
- In person: City Hall, Monday to Friday,8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., except civic holidays.
3. Trial Option – Within 15 days of the Infraction
You or your agent must complete and submit a Notice of Intention to appear in Court – this option is found on the reverse side (pink copy) of your ticket under Defendants Options.
Common Parking Violations And Fines
|Violation||Fine Rate – Early||Fine Rate – Set|
|Park – Expired Meter||$6.50||$10.00|
|Park – Ticket not Properly Displayed||$6.50||$10.00|
|Park More than 15 Minute||$13.00||$20.00|
|Park More than 1 Hour||$13.00||$20.00|
|Park Where Prohibited||$13.00||$20.00|
|Park in “No Parking” Area||$13.00||$20.00|
|Park on Private Property||$13.00||$20.00|
|Park on Local Board Property||$13.00||$20.00|
|Park on City Property||$13.00||$20.00|
|Park Between 1:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m.||$13.00||$20.00|
|Park in Handicapped Space||$300.00||$300.00|
|Park Obstruct Snow Removal||$75.00||$75.00|
|Park in Fire Route||$75.00||$75.00|
What Happens If You Don’t Pay Your Parking Fines?
A failure to pay parking fines may result in:
- An increase in fine costs
- Denial of your vehicle license plate renewal by the Ministry of Transportation
Life of a Parking Ticket
The following is an example of the life of a $10.00 parking ticket:
|Early payment within 7 days||$6.50|
|Set fine within 8-49 days||$10.00|
|Fine at day 50 days||$26.00|
|Fine at day 95 days||Plate Denial|