Mayor & Council FAQ

How can an individual or group appear before Council or other Municipal Committees?

Requests must be received in advance of the Agenda being set for the specific meeting you are requesting to address. A Request to Appear before Council or a Standing Committee must be received and approved from whom the Request to Appear is obtained..

How do I contact the Mayor or Members of Council?

All contact information for Belleville's Mayor and Councillors can be found here.

I would like to invite the Mayor to an event or meeting.  How do I submit my request?

To invite the Mayor to your function or event, please include the date, time, location and nature of the event, a contact person and relevant phone number/email address. You should also include details regarding the specific role for the Mayor; for example, if you would like him to speak at your event, please indicate this in your request.  You may submit your request by:

Fax: 613-967-3209
Mail : Office of the Mayor, 169 Front Street, Belleville, ON  K8N 2Y8

In the event that the Mayor is not available and you would like a representative from Council to attend on the Mayor’s behalf please indicate that in your request.  Our office will contact you to confirm the Mayor’s attendance or regrets.

What do I do if I want to make a complaint about Social Services/Social Housing?

The complainant is required to work through their Hastings County case worker and/or the case worker's supervisor to try and rectify the situation.

What do I do if I want to make a formal complaint about Belleville Police Services?

The complainant is required to go to the Belleville Police Station located at 93 Dundas Street East and fill out a formal complaint form which is available at that location.

Where do I send my petition or letter so that it is considered by Council?

If you wish your petition or letter to be formally received by Council, these should be provided in writing to the attention of the City Clerk at:

Matt MacDonald, Acting Director of Corporate Services/City Clerk
169 Front Street, Belleville, ON  K8N 2Y8
Fax: 613-967-3206

Who do I contact about snow removal?

Inquiries/complaints should be directed to our Environmental & Operational Services Department by contacting 613-967-3275. 

Who is my member of Council?

The City of Belleville is represented by City Council that consists of the Mayor (who is elected at-large) and 8 Councillors (6 of whom are elected from the 'Belleville' Ward and 2 from the 'Thurlow' Ward).

Copyright 2020 City of Belleville. All Rights Reserved. Site by They.