Leaf & Yard Waste
Leaf & Yard Waste Depot
CITY RESIDENTS may dispose of leaf and yard waste at NO CHARGE in the designated area at the north side of the Public Works’ building located at 75 Wallbridge Crescent from April 9th, 2018 to November 30th, 2018 during the following hours:
Hours of Operation:
- Monday & Tuesday 7:30 am - 3:15 pm
- Wednesday 7:30 am - 7:15 pm
- Thursday & Friday 7:30 am - 3:15pm
- Saturday 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Closed for Statutory Holidays:
Note: The bins will not be available on the following holidays:
May 21st, July 2nd, August 6th,
September 3rd, October 8th & November 12th
City of Belleville residents may dispose of leaf and yard waste at NO CHARGE in the designated area at the north side of the Public Works’ building located at 75 Wallbridge Crescent, from April 9th, 2018 to November 30th, 2018.
All City residents will be required to show proof of address.
Contractors will only be allowed to dump leaf & yard waste at the Wallbridge Crescent depot collected from Belleville properties.
All leaf and yard waste must be dumped in the designated area and Public Works’ staff will deposit the material into the bins.
Recyclable paper bags accepted.
NO PLASTIC BAGS, please.
The City has been divided into six sections for curbside collections. Place Leaf and Yard waste to the curb by 7:00 am on the designated dates.
If your residence is located in Ward #1: Your Collection Dates Are:
- West of Moira River & South of CNR Tracks May 7th and October 29th
- West of Moira River & North of CNR Tracks, South of Hwy. 401 May 14th and November 5th
- East of Moira River & North of Victoria Avenue, South of Hwy. 401 May 28th and November 19th
- East of Moira River & South of Victoria Avenue June 4th and November 26th
If your residence is located in Ward #2: Your Collection Dates Are:
- West of Highway No. 37 June 11th and November 5th
- East of Highway No. 37 June 18th and November 5th
Curbside Collection Rules
Place leaf and yard waste to the curb by 7:00am on the designated dates Place material in kraft paper bags; Plastic bags are not accepted Material can be placed in cardboard boxes, canisters and bushel baskets at no charge; these items will be emptied and left at the curbside Brush and Tree Limbs must have no more than a 2 3/4 inch trunk diameter, and no longer than 4 feet and they must be securely tied in small bundles Residents are reminded BY-LAW No. 98-175 prohibits depositing of leaf & yard waste on public streets.
- Grass Clippings
- Organic Plant Material generated from gardening and yard maintenance
- Brush and tree limbs
- Furniture or any item manufactured from wood
- Food waste from kitchens
- Food Service Operations
- Food Processing Facilities
- Food Handling Operations
(Note: these items should be composted or placed in regular weekly garbage)
Garbage will not be accepted.
For more information call: Transportation & Operational Services, 613-967-3275 (Monday to Friday)